9.13.2009

The Post About The Rabbit Recommends v.35

Each weekend, I post a readable, a watchable, and a listenable of which I'm fond. You can choose what happens next. Earlier volumes can be found here.

Read


My companion on the plane ride back from my most recent vacation was a plane full of football fans and this book - The Last Summer (of You & Me) by Ann Brashares. I hesitated to pick this author of the Traveling Pants Series since I'm trying to make more adult-like decisions. However, having Selena Gomez and Taylor Swift in multiple playlists is not helping. This novel was a heartwarming and wrenching tale of two sisters and their longtime friend, Paul, navigating the final season at their summer getaway. What I liked best was the way Brashares provided a thick foundation in the first few chapters for this trio. I instantly felt connected.

Watch

We got to see a taping of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson while in Los Angeles this past week. This is part one of the monologue from that night. He is funny. Seriously. Even during commercials when not legally required to be so.

Listen

I really loved Joy Williams many moons ago. And now I love her again. She has become a new artist in my eyes - more songwriter-ish and less manufactured. She has two EPs out now that are beyond delightful. Songs From This and Songs From That, the latter which includes this song "Speaking a Dead Language."

1 comment:

  1. I am totally going to have to get that book - I saw it at Target and thought the same thing (about the Pants author) but since the Rabbit recommends it must be awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid if I chase your rabbit comment...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs