1.05.2009

The Post About Splenda Tea & Vodka Tonics

I heard this morning that more than 90% of New Year's resolutions will not be kept by January 31.

So I have to-don't and to-do lists here for 2009. Five days in and how have I done?

1. I have not made my bed. Not once.
2. I have not tried to fix anything. Including the sink in my bathroom that slowly leaks, but leaks slower when pushed all the way to cold. Any suggestions?
3. I am now drinking Splenda tea. However, there is a Coke Zero in my handbag.
4. I did not work this weekend. Even though I really should have. I am seriously behind. But I spent some great time with lovely friends and my stranger-than-fiction nephew.
5. I went to Books-A-Million, Family Christian, and the Target parking lot and did not purchase anything. It helped that a friend was on the phone telling me to walk away. I also did not buy anything in the checkout line at the grocery store. That section of chapstick and batteries and magazines and gum is like a vodka tonic to Chelsea Handler. Very tempting.
--------------------------------
1. No plastic bags in 5 days. I cut off lights in rooms where I wasn't. And I recycled paper from the trash for an activity in Sunday School.
2. This is what I am planting in my heart: "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." (Lamentations 3:21-23)

1 comment:

  1. Just consider your I'm-walking-in-right-now calls like calls to your Narcotics Anonymous sponsor. I'm here to help.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid if I chase your rabbit comment...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs