11.07.2008

The Post About Malaise

I am sick. Specifically, I have strep throat. Doesn't strep throat mean I am a 10-year-old girl with boundary issues?

I am sick in that way where your hair hurts. Which is probably why it and shampoo have not interacted in more hours than are appropriate. I am sick in that way where you can only find enough strength to click the remote to watch the next Tivo'd episode of House. Which is probably why I have self-diagnosed with 4 different illnesses as-seen-on-tv. (I definitely have Cushing's.) I am sick in that way where you can sleep 10 hours and then sleep 3 hours more. Which is probably why my height is now the measurements of my loveseat.

I know exactly how it happened. I know exactly who to blame. James Robert Kinnaird. He is my 2-year-old godson whose birthday we celebrated on Tuesday night at McDonald's. They should rename the "PlayPlace" to "PetriePlace." It is dis-gusting. And I used my multiple college degrees and Flintstones-hardy immune system and went in only 5 feet. A + B = disease.

Reason #53 not to have children. Or at least not hang out with them.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Croup=Strep. But you go on thinking that if you want! Hope you feel better soon. JR is better already!
    P.S. For some reason, this came out sounding more hateful than it was meant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sad that you're not feeling well! I hope that you get to feeling better soon. I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be afraid if I chase your rabbit comment...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs